Monday, October 16, 2006

Chan Sow Lin Steam Fish Head

This is the famous Big Tree Lin Kee (Chan Sow Lin Steam Fish Head) located in between Taman Dayton and Taman Connaught, Cheras. I went there with my gf last weekend to try out their famous steam fish head.

Opening hour is from 10am till 3.30pm. I reached there about 4pm and they are just about to close for business but luckily the aunty said they still got fish available for us.

To be frank, I'm not a big fan of steam fish head but alot of ppl in cheras recommended me to try this stall and I also saw the stall always full house during lunch hour. The stall was built under a big old tree and it was located at the back of the owner's house.

We ordered the most famous steamed and strewn with yellow bean sauce (cheong jing)fish head. These are not just the heads, but the moist and meaty "shoulders" too. The meat was tender and the bean paste flavour was the perfect ingredients to prepare this dish. I didn't found any fresh water muddiness here. It just so damn fresh~!

It only cost RM 17 for the portion of 2. We didn't manage to try the other fish head coz the cheong jing fish head already make us damn full. I think I will try the rest next time. Anyone wanaa join me next time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dame the fish head look great, its very reasonable price indeed fro the the size of the fish head.

Sing Ngibk said...

yeah...damn nice one..when u want to try?